What should I expect during a consultation for tattoo removal?
The success and safety of your tattoo removal procedure depends very much on your complete candidness during your consultation. You'll be asked a number of questions about your health, desires and lifestyle.
During your tattoo removal consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your tattoo removal goals
- Any medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Take photographs
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of tattoo removal and any risks or potential complications
Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon questions. It's very important to understand all aspects of your tattoo removal procedure. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your plastic surgeon that you can take with you to your consultation.
It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.