What should I expect during a consultation for a thread lift?
During your thread lift consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your aesthetic goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, previous medical treatments and specifically any problems you have had with your eyes
- Current prescription medications, including vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Take photographs
- Discuss your thread lift options
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of thread lifts and any potential risks
- Discuss the type of anesthesia that will be used
The consultation is the time to ask your plastic surgeon questions. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your plastic surgeon that you can take with you to your thread lift consultation.
It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.