What questions should I ask my plastic surgeon about nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation?
Use this checklist as a guide during your consultation for giant nevi removal surgery:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- What specific training do you have in these surgery techniques?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals?
- Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
- Am I or is my child a good candidate for this procedure?
- What will be expected of me to help ensure the best results?
- Where and how will you perform the procedure?
- What surgical technique is recommended?
- How long of a recovery period can be expected, and what kind of help will I (or my child) need during recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with the procedure(s)?
- How are complications handled?
- How can I expect the surgery site to look over time?
- What are the options if I am dissatisfied with the final outcome?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for this procedure and what results are reasonable for me (or my child)?