Who is a good candidate for transmasculine bottom surgery?
Transmasculine bottom surgery is a highly individualized procedure. You should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else's desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
Transmasculine bottom surgery is a good option for you if:
- You have been diagnosed with persistent gender dysphoria
- You have been under the care of two mental health professionals who can each provide a letter of recommendation supporting your decision to undergo surgery
- You have been living as a member of your desired sex
- You are of the age to make consent
- You have a positive outlook and realistic expectations
- If significant medical or mental health concerns exist, they must be reasonably well-controlled