What should I expect during a consultation for transmasculine bottom surgery?
During your transmasculine bottom surgery consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your transition process
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Examine your genitalia
- Examine donor sites
- Take photographs
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of bottom surgery and any risks or potential complications
Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon questions. It's very important to understand all aspects of your bottom surgery. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your plastic surgeon that you can take with you to your consultation.
It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.