Gluteal Augmentation and Lift
Buttock augmentation improves the contour, size and shape of the buttocks. A buttock lift improves the tone of the underlying tissue in the buttocks. A Brazilian butt lift is a common buttock enhancement procedure.
What should I expect during a consultation for buttock enhancement?
During your buttock augmentation and/or buttock lift consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and previous medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Examine and measure your body, this may include detailed body measurements
- Take photographs for your medical records
- Discuss your body lift options
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of gluteal lift surgery and any risks or potential complications
The success and safety of your buttock enhancement procedure depends on your complete candidness during your consultation. You will be asked a number of questions about your health, desires and lifestyle.
The consultation is also the time to ask your plastic surgeon questions. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your buttock enhancement surgeon that you can take with you to your consultation.
It's very important to understand all aspects of your gluteal lift procedure. It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.