Gluteal Augmentation and Lift
Buttock augmentation improves the contour, size and shape of the buttocks. A buttock lift improves the tone of the underlying tissue in the buttocks. A Brazilian butt lift is a common buttock enhancement procedure.
What are the risks of buttock enhancement?
The decision to have a buttock enhancement procedure is extremely personal. You will have to decide if the benefits will achieve your goals and if the risks and potential complications of buttock augmentation or buttock lift surgery are acceptable.
Your plastic surgeon and/or staff will explain in detail the risks associated with surgery. You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure you will undergo and any risks or potential complications.
Buttock enhancement risks include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Bleeding (hematoma)
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Fatty tissue under the skin might die (fat necrosis)
- Fluid accumulation (seroma)
- Numbness or other changes in skin sensation
- Pain, which may persist
- Poor wound healing
- Possible need for revisionary surgery
- Recurrent looseness of skin
- Skin discoloration and/or prolonged swelling
- Skin loss
- Sutures may spontaneously surface through the skin, become visible or produce irritation and require removal
- Unfavorable scarring
These risks and others will be fully discussed prior to your consent. It is important that you address all your questions directly with your plastic surgeon.