Gluteal Augmentation and Lift
Buttock augmentation improves the contour, size and shape of the buttocks. A buttock lift improves the tone of the underlying tissue in the buttocks. A Brazilian butt lift is a common buttock enhancement procedure.
What questions should I ask my plastic surgeon about buttock enhancement?
Use this checklist as a guide during your buttock enhancement consultation:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Were you specifically trained in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals?
- Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- What will be expected of me to get the best results?
- Where and how will you perform my procedure?
- What surgical technique is recommended for me?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- How can I expect my butt to look over time?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my buttock augmentation and/or lift?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for this procedure and what results are reasonable for me?