The American Society of Plastic Surgeons has developed a series of papers outlining the Society's position on recommended insurance coverage criteria for third-party payer coverage.
These papers are designed to assist third-party payers in addressing reimbursement issues for various "gray area" plastic surgery procedures, those that could be considered either cosmetic or reconstructive.
Recommended Insurance Coverage Criteria
- Reduction Mammaplasty (5/2011)
- Reduction Mammaplasty Sample Appeal Letter (revised 6/2011)
- Blepharoplasty (3/2007)
- Abdominoplasty and Panniculectomy Unrelated to Obesity or Massive Weight Loss (1/2007)
- Nasal Surgery (7/2006)
- Surgical Treatment of Skin Redundancy for Obese and Massive Weight Loss Patients (1/2007)
- Ear Deformity: Prominent Ears (12/2005)
- Breast Reconstruction Following Diagnosis and Treatment for Breast Cancer (9/2004)
- Breast Reconstruction for Deformities Unrelated to Cancer Treatment (9/2004)
- Prophylactic Mastectomy (3/2003)
- Skin Lesions (3/2003)
- Gynecomastia (3/2002)