Plastic Surgery Coding Workshop February 27, 2021 | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM CST
Coding Changes are Here for 2021
The redesigned 2021 Plastic Surgery Coding Workshop is a comprehensive virtual learning program featuring a one-day live interactive virtual meeting focused on the revised Evaluation and Management (E&M) guidelines and the new breast codes for 2021, packaged with the 2021 Advanced Coding e-learning modules* for study and review at your convenience. These will be available one month prior to the workshop, with continued access to the online modules on ASPS EdNet after the live event.
This blended instruction allows the newest coding professionals and those with more experience to learn accurate coding and implementation strategies from experts in the field while minimizing risks, costs of travel and time commitment.
This virtual meeting will not be recorded.
This accredited educational activity is designed specifically for plastic surgeons and their office staff teams, including office administrators, practice managers, billing companies and billing/coding specialists. Residents and fellows are also encouraged to attend the program.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the revised times and Medical Decision-Making processes for all office-based Evaluation and Management codes starting January 1, 2021.
- Determine if updates will be needed to electronic health record templates to support these 2021 changes.
- List the data elements to routinely document items within notes that will be used to score Medical Decision Making.
- Accurately apply codes to breast reconstruction billing scenarios.
- Review Flap and Graft coding to ensure accurate reimbursement.
ABMS Core Competencies
The following ABMS core competencies will be addressed in the Plastic Surgery Coding Workshop:
- Systems-Based Practice
*Advanced Coding for Plastic Surgery Modules include:
- Breast Reconstruction
- Coding Management
- Practice Standards
ASPS has sole discretion and reserves the right to refuse registration and/or limit participation in its activities.