The Associate Member category is open to individuals who contribute to the overall body of knowledge of plastic and reconstructive surgery in their field.
Associate Members shall be individuals of high moral, ethical and professional competence; and shall be actively engaged in the practice of plastic and reconstructive surgery or another medical specialty, profession, scientific or para-medical field directly related to plastic and reconstructive surgery. Membership shall only be open to physicians who are certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery (AOBS). There shall be no citizenship requirement to become an Associate Member.
- Subscription to the journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (PRS)
- Subscription to Plastic Surgery News (PSN)
- Full access to ASPS Education Network (ASPS EdNet) for online clinical education
- Reduced registration fee for Plastic Surgery The Meeting
- Member prices on ASPS/PSF products and services
- Listed in the ASPS membership roster
- Access to members-only content on the ASPS website
In addition to your application, you will need to obtain:
- A letter of sponsorship from an ASPS Active or Life Active Member who is familiar with the applicant's contributions to plastic and reconstructive surgery, and also the applicant's professional competence, ethics and moral standing
- Evidence that AOBS certification is in good standing
- A letter from Primary Specialty Organization acknowledging your membership is in good standing
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
Please note a one-time application fee of $150 will be required when submitting your application.
Election to Associate membership shall be by a majority vote of the Board at a meeting at which a quorum is present.