ACS and ASPS Health Policy Scholarship
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) has partnered with the American College of Surgeons (ACS) to offer a scholarship to subsidize attendance and participation in the Executive Leadership Program in Health Policy and Management at Brandeis University, taking place June 3-8, 2024, in-person in Wellesley, MA.
The award is open to surgeons who are active members in good standing of both the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). Applicants must be at least 30 years old, but under 60 years old, on the date that the completed application is filed.
- The award is in the amount of $8,000 to be used toward the cost of tuition, travel, housing and subsistence during the per of the course. Indirect costs are not paid to the recipient or to the recipient's institution.
- The scholarship must be used in the year for which it is designated. It cannot be postponed.
- The scholar is required to provide one year's health policy-related assistance to the ASPS, attend meetings, review applications and participate as a pro team member of the Health Policy Committee as requested.
- A brief report of the scholar's experiences and activities is due at the conclusion of the course and of the scholarship period.
- Simple accounting of expenses is also required.
Additional Funding Sources
Application for this award may be submitted even if comparable applications to other organizations have been made. If the recipient accepts a similar scholarship from another agency or organization, the scholarship will be withdrawn. It is the responsibility of the recipient to notify the ACS Scholarships Administrator of competing awards.
The deadline for applications is March 15, 2024, at 11:59 PM CDT. An awardee will be selected by a committee consisting of members of ACS and the co-sponsoring organizations. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the selection process in May 2024.
Questions may be directed to Gina McClure via firstname.lastname@example.org or Tony Ortiz via email@example.com. For more information, visit the Executive Leadership Program in Health Policy and Management at Brandeis University.