ASPS Joint Providership & Endorsement Programs
Since 1994, ASPS has served as the accredited provider for jointly provided meetings held with other regional and sub-specialty plastic surgery organizations.
If you are interested in applying to ASPS for joint providership, information and forms are provided below. If your application is approved, ASPS, as the accredited provider, must ensure that the jointly provided activity is in compliance with the ACCME Accreditation Criteria and the Standards for Commercial Support. At this time, ASPS will only consider joint providership of live activities.
If you are interested in partnering with ASPS to jointly provide an activity, contact ASPS as early as possible in the planning process.
We recommend you first contact ASPS 12 months before the activity start date: ASPS can not accredit an activity with less than four months' notice.
ASPS is your partner and your resource in planning an accredited activity. Our accreditation team will work with your staff and volunteers to plan the educational program and to secure commercial support and educational grants.
As the accredited provider, ASPS must review and approve all contracts with companies providing educational grants or other commercial support before they are finalized.
Upon review of the activity educational program, ASPS will determine how many AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ physicians will be able to claim for participation.
For additional information, contact Michelle Sirois at email@example.com.
Note: ASPS must approve ALL materials (printed or electronic) that pertain to registration, educational program content, exhibits and marketing PRIOR to materials being printed, posted or distributed outside the joint provider organization. Failure to abide by this can result in a cancellation of the joint provider agreement and forfeit of application fees.
- Joint Provider Activity Timeline
- ASPS Education Program Mission Statement
- Schedule of Joint Provider Fees
- ASPS Disclosure Policy
Templates and Samples
- Conflict Resolution Worksheet
- Notice of Resolution Form
This is to be sent to the faculty member/author/planner, along with an explanation of how the conflicts are being managed to ensure transparency.
- Joint Provider Registration Brochure & Program Book Checklist
- Letter of Agreement for Commercial Support
- Sample Budget
- Sample Credit Claim Form
ASPS will provide unique form for your meeting.
If you are interested in partnering with ASPS to endorse your meeting or activity, contact ASPS as early as possible in the planning process. Endorsement applications must be received a minimum of 5 months prior to meeting date. ASPS requires a minimum of 8 weeks from date of application receipt for review, approval and subsequent placement in online calendar. Placement in PSN and PRS calendars will be made pursuant to approval and according to next publication within standing print schedule. Any application requiring a shortened review period, less than 8 weeks, will be subject to expedited review pricing. No applications will be accepted for endorsement less than 4 weeks from start of program.
Benefits of Endorsement
- 75% discount on a mailing list rental (regularly $1,500). Visit our website for more information
- Program listing on our International Clearinghouse of Meetings Calendar
- Program listing in our newsletter Plastic Surgery News
- Program listing in the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery journal's calendar
- Use of our Endorsed Program Logo on all marketing materials, website, and program
- The program does not compete in terms of content or timing with an ASPS educational offering.
- The endorsement is being sought by an organization that is widely acknowledged as a reputable, bona fide medical educator, and the program is relevant to plastic surgeons.
- The program is either already CME-accredited by another organization, or not CME accredited at all (or the equivalent for international programs). Note: ASPS has the option of either endorsing or accrediting a program, but it cannot do both for a program.
- The program, for which an endorsement is sought, demonstrates compliance with ACCME guidelines for programs offered for AMA PRA Category I Credit™. (or the international equivalent)
- The organization seeking endorsement provides remuneration upon application, where possible and appropriate.
- The organization will provide ASPS with exhibit space at no charge when exhibits are being hosted.
- The organization seeking endorsement agrees to follow ASPS guidelines for publicizing its endorsement, including proper use of ASPS's name and its Symbol of Excellence and avoids any suggestion that ASPS is a sponsor of the meeting.
- 30-60 days after the close of the activity, the organization will provide ASPS with a copy of their evaluation summary report including all comments.
The application includes the following components:
- Completed application (first page of application)
- Hourly program schedule including objectives
- Draft of brochure if applicable
If you have any questions, please contact ASPS Education at firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Endorsement" in the subject line.