The American Society of Plastic Surgeons has developed a series of papers outlining the Society's position on recommended insurance coverage criteria for third-party payer coverage.
These papers are designed to assist third-party payers in addressing reimbursement issues for various "gray area" plastic surgery procedures, those that could be considered either cosmetic or reconstructive.
Autologous Fat Grafting to the Breast
Published 2015 Before engaging in the practice of autologous fat grafts, experienced plastic surgeons should consider the safety, efficacy, and evidence of various applications and techniques.
Archived Insurance Recommendations
Archived Insurance Reccomendations are not accessible to the public, but ASPS members may download and view the documents after entering their ASPS login credentials.
- Abdominal & Panniculectomy Unrelated to Obesity or Massive Weight Loss (2007)
- Blepharoplasty (2007)
- Surgical Treatment of Skin Redundancy for Obese & Massive Weight Loss Patients (2007)
- Nasal Surgery (2006)
- Ear Deformity: Prominent Ears (2005)
- Breast Reconstruction Following Diagnosis & Treatment for Breast Cancer (2004)
- Breast Reconstruction for Deformities Unrelated to Cancer Treatment (2004)
- Prophylactic Mastectomy (2003)
- Skin Lesions (2003)
- Gynecomastia (2002)