Oral and Written Board Preparation Course August 8, 2020 & August 14-16, 2020
Chair: John Hijjawi, MD | Co-Chair: Matthew Trovato, MD
Prepare Virtually. Test Successfully.
The 2020 Oral and Written Board Preparation Course is a virtual learning experience that is both comprehensive and interactive. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to review board-relevant cases to build your confidence and become better prepared to take The American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) Oral and Written Board Examinations.
It is also an efficient resource for practicing surgeons preparing for recertification or fulfilling maintenance of certification hours. The ASPS exclusive oral exam simulation sessions and the faculty-reviewed case book sessions are valuable features of the educational program.
- Separate, concurrent sessions for Written Exam and Oral Exam preparation
- 100+ case scenarios reviewed
- Practice exam sessions
- Individual case book review available by appointment
- Electronic syllabus
- Cleft lip drawing session
NEW THIS YEAR! Mobile-friendly, electronic flashcards – a valuable study tool you can use on the go. FREE with your registration.
Back by Popular Demand: Realistic oral examination simulation sessions – limited space available – additional fee required
This course is appropriate for surgeons seeking a review of clinical science and patient safety issues. It is useful for those preparing to take the oral and written ABPS examinations and serves as an educational resource for MOC efforts.
ASPS has sole discretion and reserves the right to refuse registration and/or limit participation in its activities.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify patient safety issues related to patient care, verbalize these concerns and incorporate them into the management protocol
- Assess and describe their current knowledge of plastic surgery and identify areas where further study would be beneficial
- Compare approaches to complex plastic surgery problems with colleagues
- Respond to clinical questions in a concise, orderly manner
- Describe the format of the oral and written board examinations
- Assess the psychological aspects of taking an oral and written examination
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ASPS designates this other activity (live virtual meetings, recordings and flashcards) for a maximum of 28.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Three of the 28.75 credits have been identified as programming applicable to patient safety.
ACGME/ABMS Core Competencies
This activity will address the following ACGME/ABMS competencies:
- Patient care and procedural skills
- Medical knowledge
- Interpersonal and communication skills
Disclaimer: Completion of this course does not imply or guarantee a successful outcome on the examination or certification efforts.