Oral Board Preparation Course
August 7-8, 2021 & August 14-15, 2021
Simulation Sessions: September 18, 2021
Chair: John Hijjawi, MD | Co-Chair: Matthew Trovato, MD
Prepare Virtually. Test Successfully.
The 2021 Oral Board Preparation Course is a live virtual learning experience that is both comprehensive and interactive. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to review board-relevant cases to build your confidence and become better prepared to take The American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) Oral Board Examination.
The ASPS exclusive oral exam simulation sessions and the faculty-reviewed case book sessions are valuable features of the educational program.
- Focused session for Oral Exam preparation
- 100+ case scenarios reviewed
- Practice exam sessions
- Individual case book review available by appointment
- Cleft lip drawing instruction
Back by Popular Demand: Realistic oral examination simulation sessions – limited space available – additional fee required
This course is appropriate for surgeons seeking a review of clinical science and patient safety issues. It is useful for those preparing to take the oral ABPS examination.
ASPS has sole discretion and reserves the right to refuse registration and/or limit participation in its activities.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify patient safety issues related to patient care, verbalize these concerns and incorporate them into the management protocol
- Assess and describe their current knowledge of plastic surgery and identify areas where further study would be beneficial
- Compare approaches to complex plastic surgery problems with colleagues
- Respond to clinical questions in a concise, orderly manner
- Describe the format of the oral board examination
- Assess the psychological aspects of taking an oral examination
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons designates this live virtual activity for a maximum of 26 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™️ and 3 Patient Safety Credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ACGME/ABMS Core Competencies
This activity will address the following ACGME/ABMS competencies:
- Patient care and procedural skills
- Medical knowledge
- Interpersonal and communication skills
This course will be available in live format only. A recording will not be available on ASPS EdNet afterward.
Disclaimer: Completion of this course does not imply or guarantee a successful outcome on the examination or certification efforts.