Oral and Written Board Preparation Course August 16-18, 2018
The Westin O'Hare
6100 N River Rd
Rosemont, IL 60018
This course is interactive and comprehensive, and a unique opportunity for participants to review board-relevant cases that will help attendees build confidence and become better prepared to take The American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) Oral and Written Board Examinations. It is also an efficient resource for practicing surgeons preparing for recertification or fulfilling maintenance of certification hours. The ASPS exclusive oral exam simulation sessions and the faculty-reviewed case book sessions are valuable features of the educational program.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify patient safety issues related to patient care, verbalize these concerns and incorporate them into the management protocol
- Assess and describe their current knowledge of plastic surgery and identify areas where further study would be beneficial
- Compare approaches to complex plastic surgery problems with colleagues
- Respond to clinical questions in a concise, orderly manner
- Describe the format of the oral and written board examinations
- Assess the psychological aspects of taking an oral and written examination
This activity will address the following ACGME/ABMS competencies:
- Patient care and procedural skills
- Medical knowledge
- Interpersonal and communication skills
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ASPS designates this live activity for a maximum of 28.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Three of the 28.75 credits have been identified as programming applicable to patient safety.
Disclaimer: Completion of this course does not imply or guarantee a successful outcome on the examination or certification efforts.