The New ASPS State Advocacy Grant Program: A Successful Inaugural Year
This year, ASPS launched a new grant program focused on supporting the advocacy efforts of our local, state and regional societies. The Louisiana Society of Plastic Surgeons, the New York State Society of Plastic Surgeons and the New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons are the first grant recipients, and they are working on issues facing plastic surgeons in their respective states.
- AMA | Lynn Jeffers, MD, FACS Wins Election to the AMA’s Council on Medical Service
- STATE | ASPS & NYSSPS Help Defeat Date of Discovery Bill
- STATE | State Boards of Pharmacy Turn their Attention to Physician In-Office Compounding
- STATE | ASPS and the New York State Society of Plastic Surgeons (NYSSPS) Coordinate to Oppose Single Payer Legislation & Negative Medical Malpractice Reforms
- Governor Quinn Signs Breast Cancer Patient Education Bill in Illinois
After implementing a multi-year targeted lobbying campaign, ASPS has secured passage of the BCPEA. The passage of this bill is a huge victory for patients facing a breast cancer diagnosis. Read More