Plastic Surgery Boot Camp The Front Line of Plastic Surgery Education
Chair: Edward Davidson, MD
Co-Chair: Nicholas Panetta, MD
Committee Members: Stephanie Farber, MD; Brian Gander, MD; Amanda Gosman, MD; Richard Korentager, MD; Vu Nguyen, MD
The Plastic Surgery Boot Camp will be hosted as an in-person meeting for 2023, offered at a single site on one weekend, to encompass all plastic surgery interns, minimizing the time commitment, maximizing learning opportunities and creating a positive collegial experience for Boot Camp participants.
In response to ongoing changes in graduate medical education, the purpose of this program is to facilitate the transition of both integrated and independent residents into plastic surgery training.
ASPS and ACAPS are committed to high standards of education, and we support our trainees in their pursuit of adult surgical education. The Boot Camp will provide standardized and timely exposure to critical clinical content in plastic surgery.
We have established a "hands-on", practicum-based, three-day weekend course focusing on high-yield topics, in a positive, fostering educational environment. Integrated and/or independent R1 residents will have the opportunity to attend this year's Boot Camp in one location:
- July 28-30: University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Space is limited – register early to secure spot. Maximum capacity of 200 PGY1 participants. No exceptions will be made.
Hotel and related travel expenses are not included in the Boot Camp registration.
All travel expenses are the responsibility of the Training Programs and/or resident participant.
- Perioperative Management
- Wound Healing and Nutrition
- Burn Management
- Trunk and Lower Extremity Reconstruction
- Flaps and Microsurgery
- Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- Craniofacial Anatomy and Local Blocks
- Craniofacial Radiology
- Common "Face Call" Consults and Management
- Hand Anatomy and Local Blocks
- Hand Radiology
- Common "Hand Call" Consults and Management
- Facial Analysis and Rejuvenation
- Body Contouring and Liposuction
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Reconstruction
Practical "hands-on" sessions include:
- Case Scenarios and Discussion
- Operative Basics and Suturing
- Flaps and Microsurgery Anastomosis Model
- Cleft Lip Marking
- Craniofacial Fracture Management
- Hand Exam
- Analyzing Facial Proportions
- Breast Examination, Markings, Implants