STATE | The ASPS State Advocacy Grant Program Enters Its Second Year
As most state legislatures are slated to start new sessions in January, ASPS is excited to continue to provide financial support to its local, state and regional plastic surgery society partners through its State Advocacy Grant Program. ASPS recognizes the important role these partners play in improving patient care and protecting the profession of plastic surgery. Through this grant program, ASPS is dedicated to providing assistance to plastic surgery society partners pursuing a legislative goal or fighting a policy in their state.
ASPS State Advocacy Grants of up to $10,000 will be selectively awarded to local, state or regional plastic surgery societies. Grant applications and awardee determinations will be accepted and made on a rolling basis. Last year, in its inaugural year, grants were awarded to:
- The Louisiana Society of Plastic Surgeons to address truth in advertising and board certification
- The New York State Society of Plastic Surgeons to address medical liability
- The New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons to address out of network billing
- The Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons to fight mid-level practitioner scope of practice
- The Georgia Society of Plastic Surgeons to launch a PR campaign focusing on truth in advertising