WPS Enrichment Retreat February 6-9, 2020
Union Station Hotel Nashville
Nashville, TN 37203
Local Host: Melinda J Haws, MD, and Mary K. Gingrass, MD
WPS Steering Committee Chair: Victoria Vastine, MD
WPS Steering Committee Vice Chair: Kat Gallus, MD
Join the Women Plastic Surgeons Forum for brunch, yoga and a lively discussion focused on valuable negotiating skills. The WPS Enrichment Retreat offers an opportunity to relax and network with other women in plastic surgery.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Synthesize and share strategies for complex surgical cases in breast, body contouring, facial aesthetic and reconstructive surgery
- Discuss the use of progressive tension sutures, drains and glue for seroma prevention in abdominoplasty
- Describe tools for negotiations in the medical field and workplace in the face of known gender bias
- Demonstrate advanced techniques in injectables including liquid rhinoplasty and jawline filler and lower face neuromodulator treatment.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ASPS designates this live activity for a maximum of 21 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
21 of the 3 credits have been identified as programming applicable to patient safety.
This meeting will address the following ACGME/ABMS competencies:
- Patient care and procedural skills
- Medical knowledge
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Systems-Based Practice
- Practice-Based Learning and Improvement