Evidence-Based Guidelines are systematically developed recommendations for patient care that describe a basic management strategy—or a range of such strategies.
Breast Reconstruction With Expanders & Implants
Published 2013 These guidelines were developed from a comprehensive review of the scientific literature and reflect the consensus of the Post-Mastectomy Expander/Implant Breast Reconstruction Guideline Work Group of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Breast Reduction Mammaplasty
Published 2011 This guideline is intended to be used by plastic surgeons managing the ongoing care of female patients with symptomatic breast hypertrophy. This guideline is also intended to serve as a resource for healthcare practitioners and developers of clinical practice guidelines and recommendations.
Practice Parameters provide guidance or direction for the diagnosis, management and treatment of specific clinical problems. They are strategies for patient management, developed to assist physicians in clinical decision making and are based on a thorough evaluation of the scientific literature and relevant clinical experience.
Archived Practice Parameters
Archived practice parameters are not accessible to the public, but ASPS members may download and view the documents after entering their ASPS login credentials.
- Blepharoplasty (2007)
- Abdominoplasty and Panniculectomy Unrelated to Obesity or Massive Weight Loss (2007)
- Surgical Treatment of Skin Redundancy for Obese and Massive Weight Loss Patients (2007)
- Nasal Surgery (2006)
- Ear Deformity: Prominent Ears (2005)
- Treatment Principles of Silicone Breast Implants (2005)
- Breast Reconstruction Following Diagnosis and Treatment for Breast Cancer (2004)
- Non-Cancer Related Breast Reconstruction (2004)
- Gynecomastia (2004)
- Prophylactic Mastectomy (2003)
- Skin Lesions (2003)