The American Society of Plastic Surgeons' (ASPS) Patient Safety Committee has compiled these resources to assist plastic surgeons in clinical decision making.
Patient Safety Questions?
Are you an ASPS member who has a question about patient safety issues for the ASPS Patient Safety Committee? You can email your questions or suggestions to the Patient Safety Committee. Please include your name and ASPS member ID number in the email.
Resources by Topic
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is pleased to participate in the ABIM Foundation’s Choosing Wisely® Campaign. Choosing Wisely aims to promote conversations between providers and patients by helping patients choose care that is: supported by evidence, not duplicative of other tests or procedures already received, free from harm, and truly necessary.
Ambulatory and Office Based Surgery Center
- Resources for ambulatory and office based surgery centers
Operating Room Safety
- Resources to promote patient safety in the operating room
Patient Selection Resources
- Helpful resources when assessing your patients for plastic surgery procedures
Risk Management Resources
- Risk management topics impacting patient safety
Suggested Website Links
- Links to patient safety websites