PlastyPac Thanks Contributors for Strong First Quarter
PlastyPAC kicked off 2015 with a highly successful mail campaign, bringing in $47,762.17 in March alone. This was PlastyPAC’s strongest first quarter since 2012, and we look forward to an even more successful second quarter, which began in April.
PlastyPAC is critically important as it allows ASPS to educate and influence members of Congress on the issues that directly affect the way you practice medicine. PlastyPAC is vital to ensuring our specialty’s voice is heard by Congress as we work on issues such as…
- Raising patient awareness of health insurance coverage for breast reconstruction and prostheses post mastectomy
- Increasing the cap on Medicare-funded graduate medical education (GME) positions and increasing funding for those additional residency slots
- Protecting patient safety through policies that prevent non-physicians from performing complex surgical procedures
- Ensuring that unqualified practitioners cannot advertise in a false or misleading way
- Repealing the Independent Payment Advisory Board and/or any other mechanisms that erode transparency and fairness in Medicare payment policy development
We would like to thank all those who contributed to the PAC during our first quarter!