Enhance Your Practice Podcast
The ASPS Enhance Your Practice Podcast series serves as an educational appetizer for plastic surgeons and office professionals looking for practice management information on-the-go. It covers next steps early in a career, financial planning, staffing, med spas, starting a private practice and much more. New seasons will launch every eight weeks or so, Netflix-style, with multiple episodes released at once. Podcast guest speakers are plastic surgeons, office professionals and industry experts. Note: These podcasts are not for Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits.
On this season of Enhance Your Practice, we hand over the mic to Gordon Lee, MD, professor and associate chief of plastic surgery at Stanford University, and Michelle Roughton, MD, plastic surgeon at Amelia Aesthetics, to chat with industry leaders ranging from aviation to big tech to investments about various leadership styles, life experiences and lessons learned along the way. Dr. Roughton is the Chair and Dr. Lee is the Vice-Chair of the ASPS Leadership Development Committee.
Episode 42: Building and Leading a Team
Guest Speaker: Meagan Pi, VP of Privacy, Engineering and Data Governance at Google
Episode 43: Investment Strategies: Growing Financial and Human Capital
Guest Speaker: Mark Oei, Silicon Valley entrepreneur and Kellogg School of Business Professor
Episode 44: Her Personal Journey and Dealing with Adversity
Guest Speaker: Saori Casey, VP of Corporate Financial Planning at Apple
Episode 45: Leading Your Team to Victory
Guest Speakers: Phil Higton, Commercial pilot of British Airways for 34 years and the Director of Training for Terema Ltd., and Dr. Vikram Sharma, ASPS Member
- Episode 1: What Kind of Practices Are There and What Should I Be Doing?
- Episode 2: Do I Become an Employee or My Own Boss? Picking the Right Group, Institution, or Private Practice To Join
- Episode 3: Top 10 Things to Consider With an Employment Contract
- Episode 4: How Can I Find a Mentor?
- Episode 5: Why I Opened a Med Spa and Why You Should Consider Adding One to Your Practice
- Episode 6: Opening Multiple Med Spas
- Episode 7: Marketing Your Med Spa
- Episode 8: Male Aesthetics in Your Practice
- Episode 9: Raising a Successful Family
- Episode 10: Finding Balance: Fatherhood and Plastic Surgery
- Episode 11: Balancing Motherhood and Residency
- Episode 12: Ergonomics
- Episode 13: Relationships In and Out of the Office
- Episode 14: Practical Tips During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Episode 15: Physician Wellness During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Special Edition: Crisis Management: Balancing Plastic Surgery and Being a Working Mom
- Episode 16: How Do I deal With My Debt?
- Episode 17: Protecting Your Assets
- Episode 18: Choosing the Right Financial Planner
- Episode 19: Ensuring You're Insured
- Episode 20: Things You Should Know About Starting Your Own Practice... But Probably Don't
- Episode 21: Designing Your Private Practice
- Episode 22: Cybersecurity in Your Private Practice
- Episode 23: Patient Flow
- Episode 24: Your Telehealth Questions, Answered
- Episode 25: Monitoring Your Practice
- Episode 26: Group Practice: Being a Good Partner
- Episode 27: How to Be an Ally – Personally and Professionally
- Episode 28: Gender Identity – Caring for Transgender and Gender Diverse Persons
- Episode 29: LGBTQ Issues in Plastic Surgery
- Episode 30: Empowerment – Gender Diversity
- Episode 31: Dealing with Discrimination
- Episode 32: Why Diversity Matters
- Episode 33: Diversity and Inclusion in Corporate Culture: Conversation with Allergan
- Episode 34: What Staff Do You Need?
- Episode 35: How to Choose the Right Staff?
- Episode 36: Retaining Staff
- Episode 37: Working with Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- Episode 38: How I Financed My Private Practice Without a Loan
- Episode 39: Real Estate: Choosing the Right Investment
- Episode 40: Measuring the ROI of New Technologies in Your Office
- Episode 41: The Journey to Financial Well Being