Enhance Your Practice Podcast
The ASPS Enhance Your Practice Podcast series serves as an educational appetizer for plastic surgeons and office professionals looking for practice management information on-the-go. It covers next steps early in a career, financial planning, staffing, med spas, starting a private practice and much more. New seasons will launch every eight weeks or so, Netflix-style, with multiple episodes released at once. Podcast guest speakers are plastic surgeons, office professionals and industry experts. Note: These podcasts are not for Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits.
Staffing is one of the biggest challenges surgeons face in setting up their practice. How do you know what staff you need and whether they'll be a good fit? Once you have the right people hired, how do you train them on what they need to know? Staff retention and turnover can cost a fortune- how can it be avoided. This season covers all of the ins-and-outs of staffing. Also available: An interactive course with free resources such as training checklists and sample job descriptions.
Episode 34: What Staff Do You Need?
Guest Speaker: JoAnne Dennison
Episode 35: How to Choose the Right Staff?
Guest Speakers: Dr. Dan Ness and Ashley Bolton
Episode 36: Retaining Staff
Guest Speaker: Sandy Roos
Episode 37: Working with Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
Guest Speaker: Dr. Carmen Kavali
- Episode 1: What Kind of Practices Are There and What Should I Be Doing?
- Episode 2: Do I Become an Employee or My Own Boss? Picking the Right Group, Institution, or Private Practice To Join
- Episode 3: Top 10 Things to Consider With an Employment Contract
- Episode 4: How Can I Find a Mentor?
- Episode 5: Why I Opened a Med Spa and Why You Should Consider Adding One to Your Practice
- Episode 6: Opening Multiple Med Spas
- Episode 7: Marketing Your Med Spa
- Episode 8: Male Aesthetics in Your Practice
- Episode 9: Raising a Successful Family
- Episode 10: Finding Balance: Fatherhood and Plastic Surgery
- Episode 11: Balancing Motherhood and Residency
- Episode 12: Ergonomics
- Episode 13: Relationships In and Out of the Office
- Episode 14: Practical Tips During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Episode 15: Physician Wellness During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Special Edition: Crisis Management: Balancing Plastic Surgery and Being a Working Mom
- Episode 16: How Do I deal With My Debt?
- Episode 17: Protecting Your Assets
- Episode 18: Choosing the Right Financial Planner
- Episode 19: Ensuring You're Insured
- Episode 20: Things You Should Know About Starting Your Own Practice... But Probably Don't
- Episode 21: Designing Your Private Practice
- Episode 22: Cybersecurity in Your Private Practice
- Episode 23: Patient Flow
- Episode 24: Your Telehealth Questions, Answered
- Episode 25: Monitoring Your Practice
- Episode 26: Group Practice: Being a Good Partner
- Episode 27: How to Be an Ally – Personally and Professionally
- Episode 28: Gender Identity – Caring for Transgender and Gender Diverse Persons
- Episode 29: LGBTQ Issues in Plastic Surgery
- Episode 30: Empowerment – Gender Diversity
- Episode 31: Dealing with Discrimination
- Episode 32: Why Diversity Matters
- Episode 33: Diversity and Inclusion in Corporate Culture: Conversation with Allergan