Physician Payment Sunshine Act
Physician Payment Sunshine Act frequently asked questions
Are there any exemptions from reporting?
Yes there are some payments and transfers of value that are exempt from reporting including:
- Continuing medical education (CME) that complies with accredited or certified CME standards governing independence from industry where the applicable manufacturer does not directly pay or choose the speaker.
- A payment or transfer of value that amounts to less than $10, unless the aggregate annual amount exceeds $100.
- Food and beverages that are provided to all participants of large scale conferences or meetings.
- Product samples that are intended for patient use and not intended to be sold.
- Educational materials that are of direct benefit to patients or intended for patient use.