Plastic Surgery Coding Workshop Canceled
Dear ASPS Coding Workshop Registrants:
Ensuring the health and safety of members, staff and guests is always the top priority of ASPS. Due to ongoing concerns and uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 (coronavirus), the ASPS Coding Workshop scheduled for March 13-14 in New Orleans has been canceled.
The ASPS Executive Committee reviewed the current statistics on COVID-19, the escalation in the number of people affected – and the effect that even one exposure to the virus could have on our members, staff and other attendees (some institutions are even imposing a two-week quarantine for returning travelers). Thus, the Executive Committee unanimously agreed that the potential for increasing the likelihood of exposure to COVID-19 made the cancellation of the meeting the most responsible course of action.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We, too, were looking forward to another outstanding ASPS Coding Workshop with our colleagues from across the country.
Recognizing the importance of this subject matter, ASPS is offering several options to exchange the Coding Workshop registration fee to receive valuable coding information – or receive a full refund. To discuss the four options listed below, contact the ASPS Member Services Center by March 13 at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 228-9900.
- Advanced Coding for Plastic Surgery 2020 ($600 member rate, $800 non-member rate): Receive access to this new on-demand online course, which is based on the 2020 Coding Workshop workbook, via ASPS Education Network and receive a partial refund of your registration fee.*
- Plastic Surgery Coding Workbook ($200): Receive the valuable Plastic Surgery Coding Workbook and receive a partial refund of your registration fee.*
- Coding Bundle ($800 member/staff/resident rate, $1,000 non-member/staff rate): Receive Advanced Coding for Plastic Surgery 2020 AND the Plastic Surgery Coding Workbook and receive a partial refund of your registration fee.*
- Full refund: Contact ASPS Member Services at email@example.com or (800) 766-4955 to receive a full refund for the canceled 2020 Coding Workshop. Any registrants who have not contacted ASPS by March 13 will automatically receive a full refund of registration fee.
To further help minimize the inconvenience, additional information is provided below:
- Airline: Most major airlines are waiving change fees related to COVID-19 concerns – this email may be used to show that your travel plans were disrupted due to COVID-19. For your convenience, contact information for airlines is listed below.
- Hotel: There will be no fee to cancel reservations at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans if cancellation is made 72 hours prior to check-in. To contact the Hyatt Regency New Orleans, call (504) 561-1234. Cancellation policies may vary, so if you have reservations at another hotel, please cancel reservations as early as possible.
- ASPS reimbursement of travel fees: To be reimbursed for airline change fees, please cancel your flight and hotel reservation by March 10. Please contact the ASPS Member Services Center by March 26 at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 766-4955.
Thank you for your continued support of ASPS, and for your patience and understanding as we work to issue refunds in a timely manner. We look forward to the resolution of the current level of uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 and hope to see everyone at Plastic Surgery The Meeting 2020 in San Francisco in October – and next year's Coding Workshop.
Lynn Jeffers, MD, MBA