The In-Service Examination will be held on Thursday, March 5, 2020, for all residents in plastic surgery training programs. The exam is broken down into five sections with a total test time of five hours and fifty-five minutes. This time includes allocated time for a tutorial, two breaks and completion of demographic and evaluation questions.
- Primary Program liaison and Chief Proctor identified -- contact information provided.
- Lab space reserved – Environment should be free of distractions and away from highly trafficked areas with minimum noise. Every attempt should be made to start testing prior to 9:00 a.m. allowing all examinees an equal testing environment.
- Workstations and/or laptops provided with recommended technical configurations for each examinee plus (+) backup workstations in case of the exam day hardware failure.
- One (1) Proctor workstation with recommended configuration in each exam room.
- Training Program requires a minimum of two (2) Proctors on a day of exam, one to monitor Chief Proctor workstation and one to monitor participants. (Computer lab staff may serve as secondary proctors).
- A dedicated technical support staff with administrator privileges is required prior to and on exam day.
- Test and confirm each workstation prior to exam day. Residents who will be testing on laptops must run system check at least one day in advance of the March 5 exam day.
- Sign off required by Chief Proctor on review of Chief Proctor manual and Chief Proctor video. Practice utilizing proctoring software is recommended.