ASPS International Member Logo
Guidelines for Symbol Usage
The ASPS International Member logo is a trademark and protected by United States Federal Law. It is a collective mark to indicate an individual physician who lives and practices outside of the United States (excluding Canada) to indicate their membership in the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
The following guidelines explain the requirements and prohibitions associated with the use of the logo by International Members. These guidelines must be followed and adhered to at all times when an International Member, or an Active Member, living and practicing outside of the USA and Canada uses the logo to promote his/her affiliation with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
If there is a question pertaining to usage of the logo, it is the responsibility of the individual Member to contact the ASPS Executive Office and obtain clarification. Please allow a minimum of five (5) business days for an explanation of the Logo usage. Please contact the ASPS Member Service Center at +1 847-228-9900, extension 471.
Failure to adhere to the logo guidelines can result in serious consequences to an individual's membership standing.
Who Can Use the Symbol?
The Logo may only be used by International Members. Members who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada with certificates in good standing may also use ASPS Symbol of Excellence in tandem with the ASPS International Logo.
The ASPS International Member Logo is intended for use by the individual International Member only, and not for group practices. The group practice name is not to be used in place of the member(s) names so as not to give the impression that the group is a member and not the individual. If an International Member is in a plastic surgery group or Multi-Specialty Clinic setting he/she may use the logo on all practice materials by placing the logo in close proximity to his/her names.
Integrity of the Logo
The logo may not be modified in any manner:
- No other text or graphics may appear inside the logo
- Placement of the logo should be such that there should not be any suggestion that the logo represents anything more than the individual(s) international membership in ASPS
- The logo can be used with one of the approved taglines (ASPS International Member or
- International Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons)
- Style and Size of the Logo
- Pantone® Matching System ink colors (PMS) - PMS 315 (teal) and black unless printed entirely in black or reversed out in white.
- For printing, the CMYK is: Teal: Cyan=100; Magenta=0; Yellow=12; Black=43
- Black (Rich Black): Cyan=60; Magenta=40; Yellow=40;Black=100
When reproducing the logo all Members must use the type style – Novarese Book. It is recommended that the logo font not be more than twice the size of the font used for the name(s) of the International Member(s). To download a copy of the logo, please visit PlasticSurgery.org and login using your self-selected member to login. Click on "New! ASPS Member Logo" link in the My Links section (right side menu). If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the ASPS Member Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.